Thursday, January 28, 2010

Photo angst

The whole point of this blog was to share some photos, and so far--zilch. (Okay, it wasn't the WHOLE point. It was mostly to chronicle my journey into Mommyhood for the second time, since my first-time-around journal appears to have gone missing in the clutter of our house....) I broke the plastic bits on my lens (which has been repaired and is on its way home from Nikon), so I really don't have any great pics to share from over the holidays. (And, I missed one helluva a great ice storm to photograph, too! All of those crystallized branches....ah, well.) And, alas, nothing since then, either. Not even a new pic of B and the sad, little hand!

And, now I have a whole new level of photo angst. I can't seem to find a maternity photographer that suits my needs! (Style: Contemporary, natural-light. Images: a CD or DVD with digital files and permissions to reprint. Not an easy combo to find.) I've visited a million websites, sent several queries, but keep coming up empty-handed! One of the photogs I contacted has moved to the Caribbean, while the other I was interested in is currently expecting his own little bundle of joy in April, so is not taking on any new clients. I have two more info requests pending, so we'll see how those pan out.

The photographer I used for my first pregnancy was great, but a little scatter-brained. (I actually had to harass him several times to pay him!) When I contacted him for some family photos when B turned one, he said sure, he'd love to take them. When I tried to finalize the plans, however, he never contacted me back. I've only got enough patience to e-mail you twice, after that, I take the hint. Now, I'm wondering if I'll need to contact him again.... sigh.

The frustration really stems from the fact that I love taking photos of others and know precisely what I want when it comes to my own photos, and I simply can't figure out the mechanics of taking my own photos! Urrrgh!!

That said, I am looking forward to taking some maternity photos of a first-time mommy this weekend. Should be fun! If she'll let me, I might even be able to post some shots up here. ;) And, if you are wondering how I will be taking photos without a lens--well, I'm renting one. Luckily, because the store isn't open on Sunday--picking up the lens on Friday afternoon and dropping it off on Monday morning qualifies as a single, daily rate. Photo angst. I'm telling you--it's everywhere.

3 comments:

  1. Hire Lessard. I'm sure he could pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can most certainly post some pictures on your site - after all, great promo for your fantastic work.

    I would suggest my hubby as well, but 1) he might be a little nervous, and 2) he may be a little busy at that time between work and baby-to-be!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lessard would be an idea! I asked my bro (who's a bit of a photog-nut himself) to do it and he was only too happy to agree. We're setting something up, but I will certainly keep Ets in mind....

    Thanks, Shammy--but you might want to wait until you see the results first before calling them fantastic! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...