Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Things I'm thankful for....

Was just going through Rich's awesome Thanksgiving Day photos (My brother has a great eye for pics and is my go-to photog for photos I can't take.) and spotted this dandy of a pic. My eldest nephew Hunter, proudly holding up his Thanksgiving Day worksheet.

I printed off a bunch of these puzzles and wordsearch sheets in case the kids got bored or needed settling down pre-dinner. I knew Hunter, in particular, would like them as he enjoys puzzles and boardgames and anything that makes him think.

One of the activities on the worksheet asked the kids' to write down things they are thankful for. A good exercise on any given day, but especially fitting for this holiday.

Things that Big H is thankful for:
  • turkey
  • gravy
  • my friends
  • games
  • my house
  • my food
  • the electricity
  • the world

Electricity? Which without we could never play Wii. A basic need for sure. And gravy. We could all use more gravy.

Directly from the mouths of babes. (Or, rather, from the hand of a nearly-7-year-old.) As you can imagine, my sister (his mother) decided she had to keep this worksheet for the scrapbook.

Things I'm grateful for? These dang kids. All of them in their silly, serious ways. Love you, H.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...