Tuesday, September 6, 2011

D minus two days

So, I haven't written in months. I feel the weight of that, trust. But, right now, I am too panicked about the immediate future to care. In just two days time, we'll be leaving in the dark of night, climbing aboard a plane to catch a flight to Orlando for Brooke's wish trip to meet Ariel and the princess crew. Should be an amazing experience--if we don't all die of gastro beforehand. That's right. I am on day two of a nasty bug that has definitely made me it's bitch. I hate to be sordid, but that's the brunt of it. I don't think I have been this miserable since the day I gave birth to Brooke--and that ended beautifully, with me smiling down at an 8.8 lb little bundle of joy. There will be no reward for this pain, however. And, no amount of soda crackers, can keep back the nausea. I have it all--shakes, headache, achey muscles. Right now, I'm just praying that the virus goes away before Thursday--and that it doesn't affect any of my family. I can't imagine battling this illness in the happiest place on earth. So far, Hubby shows no sign of illness. And, he's--thank God--one who rarely gets ill. When he does, give him 12 hours and he'll be as good as new. Avie looks like the one who started us on this merry little adventure. She had gastro last week and the diarrhea dragged on for days. However, she is her smiley, happy self right now with simply a mild case of the sniffles. I can live with that. Brooke--and this is the one who really worries me--is fighting off a cold. She, too, is just as happy as can be, with no signs of getting worse. Sniffles and coughs. Pray that it does not get any worse. I'd love to keep writing about how I was suppose to spend yesterday packing and getting ready for our trip, and how I needed to go into the office today to finish up some projects, but the fact is that the toliet is once again calling for me.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you make it to Disney healthy - all of you guys!! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...