Friday, February 26, 2010

Last day--for 13 months

Sweeeeet. Just packing up my boxes, cleaning up e-mails and downloading photos at the office and I'm outta here. It's been a helluva ride these last few weeks with the endless doctor appointments (all out of town, of course!), my final publishing week (which, btw, went extraordinarly well all things considered) and training my replacement (which, not surprisingly, I did not receive until 10 days ago), but in a scant six hours, office life will all be over for me for 13 months.

I'll be able to put up my swollen ankles and rest my hiney on the couch where it belongs, while I wait for #2 to make her much-anticipated appearance. And, if my latest medical quirks are any indication, the arrival should be shortly. I have a feeling #2 is ready to join the world--and frankly, I'm just about ready to greet her.

Promise to post some steak and potatoes soon. I'll even add some virtual gravy to the meal, as I have some new pics that I can't wait to share! Keep the faith, readers.

3 comments:

  1. I hope, for #2's sake, that #2 is not how #2 will be known. And I take this stance for many reasons, not the least of which is that when I hear the term #2, I am genetically predisposed to thinking that the reference is to something entirely different from '#2 child'!

    Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! Of course not! As she is yet unnamed (well, by Hubby and I that is--B already has a nickname for her), we call her Bébé #2, but we do hope to change that on the day of her birth.

    You have given me something to consider, however...hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo!! Hopefully you will have some time to relax before Bébé #2 decides to make an appearance.

    Today was my first day of taking it easy and relaxing more than anything else. Unlike you, there is no indication that this baby is coming anytime soon - but who knows, things can change very quickly!!

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...