Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Goodbye dear friend, goodbye

So, last week my laptop crashed (as well as both cars--in the same day. Just goes to show that bad things DO happen in threes.). Probably crashed for good this time. I had been expecting it for months as it had been getting slower and slower and more disagreeable each time I used it. My faithful friend (a gift for securing a permanent position at work from my hubby) has been with me for several years, but has crashed a number of times before. Once completely wiping out some of my most precious photos, including a video my husband had made for my first Mother's Day of Brooke at her birth. (On a side note, I paid over $2100 to try to have that video recovered, but it was irretrievable. I cried--a lot.) It was just a matter of time before it happened again, but what a bummer. Even though we know the end is near does not mean we do not grieve.

Luckily, since I was planning on blowing my ol' Acer out anyways (and after having learned my lesson from the birth video incident), I had already downloaded all photos and files to a number of external hard drives. However, I am now without a computer on the main level. (There's an old desktop in the basement, but with the girls up here or outside, it makes getting to difficult. Besides, the basement is cold and dark and in a word...icky.) Guess I will be buying a new little netbook faster than expected, but until then, I will post what I can from Hubby's laptop whenever I can steal a few moments. (Like now, at 6:00 a.m., after just having fed Avie and before the rest of the family is up.) And, I have so many new posts to put up here....Hang on, readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...