Friday, July 30, 2010

Smiles

When Brooke was given her pink princess jeep, I remarked:

''Ohmigawd, look Brooke! Great. Now, Avie's gonna want cancer, too.''

One of my friends thought this was pretty funny--and I meant it to be--but I think he was a little startled by the joke and wasn't certain if he should laugh.

Most people either look shocked or at a loss for words when I joke about Brooke's cancer. They wonder how I can still maintain a sense of humor amidst all of the recent drama.

These two beauties are my main reasons for smiling through what can sometimes be stormy weather.


Either I can play the cards dealt me, laugh a little bit about the situation and hope for the best or I can let the disease drag me down--and the girls with me. Like them, I choose to smile.

You girls are so young and yet so wise. Thank you for teaching me about what is important in life. Love you.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics!!! Miss you guys!

    Maxine xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sens of humour, love and respect will get you through a lot! Good for you, you are a terrific mother! Laugh, love, pray, hope (no not the Julia Roberts movie)!

    I am so happy I found this blog.

    Merci Robin, hugs from us!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...