Friday, January 28, 2011

A weekend earned

Another short post--really just want to share some random pics before we head out. Will be leaving after B's swim lessons tomorrow morning for a weekend in Tremblant with my sister's troop and another set of friends.

It won't be a long vacay--more like 24 hours, really--but a well-earned rest, I think. We're going to stay at a cottage on a frozen lake with an indoor pool and an outdoor jacuzzi. Tramping through the snowy village by day and cozying up by the fire, wine bottles and nachos by night.

There will be 14 of us in all--6 weary adults, 6 wild kids (one of whom is celebrating a birthday--Happy Day, Masyn!) and 2 teething babies. Should be a good time. (And, I don't write that in my usual sarcastic tone. I really think it will be a good time.)

Anyways, I snapped these today because I just loved Brooke's outfit. Santa brought those fuzzy leg warmers for her (courtesy of Dollarama) in her stocking and she wanted to wear them today. Still, it's a little chilly to be running around the house in a miniskirt, so we opted for some grey leggings under the skirt and beneath the leg warmers. We're Canadian, so we dress in layers, right?

What I didn't notice until after I had downloaded the photos is that I had also captured some of Brooke's writings on the floor. Yup--my kid just turned 3 and she can already read and print her name with absolutely no prompting whatsoever from me.

Not only does she know how to spell her own name (and can type it on the computer, too!), but she knows the first letter to Hubby's name, Avie's, Dave's, Grace's and mine. She's that smart. Natch. (Brushing knuckles on lapels.) We clearly have another brilliant writer in the family.

I especially love how she writes her 'B.' It's like she has already taken ownership of her initial and that just warms me inside. She always makes a curly loop between the first and second bumps--a really cursive, beautiful 'B.' (Just like her.) I love it--and I love her.


Anyways, after she 'wrote her list,' we went to wrap Masyn's gift and make her a birthday card. Brooke even signed it by herself. Adorable. I almost don't want to give the card to Masyn--even after Brooke worked diligently at decorating it with all of the stickers (and I do mean, ALL) to bedazzle it in Masyn's honour.

Another pic of Brooke ballerina-ing it in the living room, while Avie watches Caillou. And, yes, you'll note that the room looks a little like a toy typhoon blew through it--and you wouldn't necessarily be wrong. (Hey, at least the tree is gone. Took me almost a month to get everything packed up again. The Xmas boxes are still sitting in the dining room awaiting to be returned to the garage.) And, if you'll note--heart garland over the window. Getting ready for HappyHeartsDay! :)

I wanted to do a proper photo shoot today with the girls all dolled up in sweet little sugary dresses, but I just couldn't be bothered to clean up the destruction left behind the typhoon. (You should see the tiny terrorized faces frozen upon the forever-staring eyes of the dolls. To know the things they know! To see the things they've seen! The horror!) I'll have a go at it next week. Promise.

And, check out Avie's hair. My little sugarbee's hair was all over the place après nap. Love that flyaway baby hair. I swear, I'm not cutting that hair until she's well into her toddlerhood, either. Give her some glitter and a guitar and you could call my little punkrocker MiniPink. Too damn cute!






Okay, final photos. B in her own little winter wonderland.


Look at the expression on her face. Enjoy as she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...