Monday, April 5, 2010

For shame

So, I decided to put this little blog together as a way of chronicling my sojourn into motherhood (for the second time), while sharing my photos with family and friends. So far, I have failed to provide much in the way of photos. I meant to put up pics from Shammy's maternity shoot, some of my own (thanks to my brother, Rich!) and a collection of wonderful pics of B. So far---zilch. My bad.

Meanwhile, my sister-in-law Brenna, puts me to shame. As a team designer for a scrapbooking store in the quaint village of Carleton Place (called Scraptease, check it out if you are passing through! Lots of scrapbooking goodies for both budding and expert scrappers....), Bren has her own rightful blog--Scrapsmith, of which I am a devoted follower.

Scrapbooking is a hobby that she, Jax and I share, but Bren's devotion to it truly amazes me. Not only is she wonderfully talented (she has even had some of her pages published on other scrapbooking sites)--but she is highly prolific in her postings. She creates beautiful pages almost effortlessly--and so quickly, that I barely have time to tune into the blog without noticing another two or three additions to the gallery. (She was posting photos and blurbs within hours of her recent return from Cuba, while I am still downloading photos from January.)

It seems like ages since I last sat down to scrapbook. I love to do it, as I find it is a wonderful way of chronicling important and not-so-important moments in our lives and the lives of our families. It's a way of capturing memories, experiencing traditions and passing on little-known information to future generations. I know it's a cliché, but scrapbooking combines my love of writing and my love of photography--and just seems like a natural extension of those creative outlets.

I hope to have some more time to pick up the hobby again when #2 arrives and is settled into a routine. I always leave Bren's blog inspired and with good intentions, but then B will pee her pants or bring sand into the house and I lose sight of my intentions. Still, I love to tune in every other day to see just what new page Brenna has created.

In fact, after I had settled B on the bed with 54 uninterrupted minutes of Toopy and Binoo and a bowl of cinnamon apple cheerios this morning, I went to check in on my fave blogs. Brenna's latest posting nearly had me in tears.

It was of me. A page created from one of the maternity photos my brother had taken just a few weeks ago. It's gorgeous! Not only is "Patience" so visually appealing, but it reminds me of that virtue I so often forget. I need to be patient for just a few days more. Her page gave me a much-needed boost of energy. Thanks, Bren! oxoxo

If you'd like to check out Brenna's amazing work (and feel free to drop her a line, she loves to get comments!) or to order one of her custom-designed albums or cards, go to Scrapsmith. Well worth the visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...