Thursday, April 22, 2010

Welcome to the world, Buttercup!

Simply put, our lives have become blissful. Not to say that our lives were not fortunate, beautiful and pleasant before--but Avery's quiet and content presence seems to have happily filled the space we had reserved for her in our little family. She is 11 days old and pure delight. I am truly blessed. We all are. Welcome home, sweet baby girl!


Avery Breeze Spring (yes, we know how granola the name is--perhaps Hubby and I are treehuggers at heart?) made her appearance as quietly and simply as she has done all things so far. The delivery was easy enough--not nearly as dramatic and exhausting as B's was--because the epidural worked (well, mostly!) this time around. In fact, it worked so well, that it left me with an epidural headache that would not recede five days later, so back to the hospital I went for an epidural blood patch. Two epidurals in five days = good times. (And a guaranteed backache!) More about the delivery in a subsequent post....

Our lovely little girl looks very much like her mischievous big sis--only she was born with reddish hair and an angel's kiss on her forehead. I am in awe that she was inside me for so long and that we knew each other without ever really knowing one another. And, frankly, I still cannot believe that Hubby and I could create such a beautiful little being. It seemed like we lucked out with B, but here we are again with another gorgeous little girl. We are all in love with the little buttercup! And, already, she is proving to be another very easygoing baby.

I hate to make other parents' jealous, but the truth is I had a very easy time with Brooke when she was a baby--she started sleeping through the night at three weeks and was just such a happy little girl! I was never sleep-deprived. I never had to deal with a colicky child. She never got ill. She rarely cried or fussed or puked. Beyond the first two, her teeth never seemed to bother her. She transitioned from bottles and souces and big girl beds without any problems. I never worried that she was not eating enough or wasn't developing properly.


From the horror stories I read about to the trying times friends and acquaintances relayed to me, I knew I was super lucky to have had such an easy baby, and I often thought that Fate would screw me with the second child. A hellion child would be my comeuppence for having dangled my easy child (figuratively speaking--not in the Michael Jackson way) in front of mothers with sleep-refusing, illness-infused, allergy-ridden babies!

But, here she is and A is nothing but pure sweetness. And, I hate to say it (but really, I don't mind at all and am gloating as only a new mother can!), but at 11 days, my little Avie has already pulled two 6-hour nighttime stretchs in a row!! If this isn't a fluke--and she keeps it up--she will have topped her own sister in sheer easiness. Love it!

And, love you, Avie. The world is a brighter place with you in it. I consider myself beyond fortunate to be one of your guides in discovering it....

4 comments:

  1. Congrats congrats congrats. So glad we could pop in and see the wee one. She is just beautiful and you guys deserve all the great little bundles of joy that come your way! I love the photo here- lil' cupcake! :) too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just gorgeous!!

    While I sometimes complain about her fussiness, I can't complain too much. Although she is just now starting to pull 6 hour stretches, we never had too many problems with putting her down at night - that said, I am pretty envious of your little girl.

    Hubby and I still are amazed that our little munchkin is really ours - she's just beautiful!! Of course, I'm biased because I'm her mom, but like you, a new mother (especially first-time mom) can gloat once in a while!

    Can't wait to meet her tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hardly surprised that you, Red, could create such beautiful little girls, but I am now shocked that your hubby could create not one, but two of them!

    I kid, somewhat!

    In any case, congratulations. Your family is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy every precious moment with her. She is absolutely beautiful. Babies are a gift from God and once again, you have been truly blessed. Gloat as much as you want, it's well deserved.

    ~ Mother of Many

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...